Sunday, August 11, 2013

Suarez Tells Liverpool, "Let Me Go"


Luis Suarez of Liverpool
 
The want-away Uruguayan striker for Liverpool, Luis Suarez, (26), has called on his club to honour their agreement and let him leave the Anfield outfit. It is no secret that he wants to leave. Football fans already knew this since the time of confederation cup tournament in Brazil in June. Fans also knew that his club is very adamant that he is not for sale.

Suarez told the Guardian and Telegraph newspapers that Liverpool promised him last season that if they did not qualify for the champions’ league, he then can leave the club.

''I gave absolutely everything last season. Now all I want is for Liverpool to honour our agreement," he said.

He continued, "Last year I had the opportunity to move to a big European club and I stayed on the understanding that if we failed to qualify for the champions league the following season I'd be allowed to go."

Luis told the coach, Brendan Rodgers, that he wants to leave and join a club that is playing in the champions’ league. But the club is insisting that he is not for sale.

The player said, "I am 26, I need to be playing in the champions league. I feel I have done enough to be playing in the champions’ league at this of my career. Now there is an option for me to do that and I want to very much to take it."

While Liverpool has not played in the champions’ league in the last four years, Arsenal has been playing in the champions’ league every year for the last 17 years. Arsenal had two transfer bids for Luis rejected. Their last bid of €46m triggered the clause in the player's contract.

The clause stipulated that if any club wants to buy him and bid up to €46m, he must be informed of the bid by the club. The club then informed him of Arsenal interest, and he says he wants to leave, but the club is insisting that he is not for sale.

The manager, Rodgers, said that the club values Suarez at €64m and will not sell him anything less than €58m.

Luis Suarez, said, “I don´t feel betrayed but the club promised me something a year ago, just as I promised them that I would stay and try everything possible to get us into the champions league.”

Brendan Rodgers, said last month, “If Arsenal wants the player they have to produce the value for the player.”

Suarez is the highest goal scorer for Liverpool and it is understandable why they don´t want to sell him. His leaving will weaken the club more than him staying with his talents and baggage. But does he worth €64m as the club is claiming?

I think as good and talented as he is with all the troubles, associated with him, that he is worth between €30m to €46m. But you cannot fault Liverpool for wanting to use high price to scare away Arsenal knowing that the club don´t spend big amount of money on a player. And they also probably think if the club is going to lose their goal merchant, they want the buyer to pay through the nose.
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment