Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Carmelo Anthony Wants To Be Free Agent

The National Basketball (NBA) superstar player for New York Knicks, Carmelo Anthony (29), said that he plans to become a free agent this summer. His contract with Knicks will expire at the end of the season, he will only realise his free agent dream if he is not traded before the end of NBA trade deadline this week.

He said that he know for sure he will not be traded. He was very confident of that. If the Knicks does not trade their star player, they may lose him for nothing in July, if he decides to leave the team.

''I know for a fact I'm not being traded,'' he said. ''There's two things: I know for a fact I'm not being traded and I'm not going in there and saying I want to be traded.''

Carmelo Anthony of New York Knicks

He said that he is not worried about the money aspect, that whether he stayed with the Knicks or go to another team, he will be paid.

''As far as the money, it don't really matter to me. If I go somewhere else I get paid, if I stay in New York I get paid,'' Carmelo Anthony, said.

''So as far as the money goes, that's not my concern. My concern is being able to compete on a high level, at a championship level coming at this last stretch of my career,'' he said.

Carmelo said that he will not mind to take a pay cut if it will help them to build a stronger team. Read also: africanfootie.blogspot.com

''I talk to people all the time. I always say if it takes me taking a pay cut, I'll be the first one on Mr Dolan's step saying, 'Take my money, lets build something stronger,'' he said, referring to the chairman of the team.

Mr Carmelo Anthony, has not indicated, if he was to leave the Knicks, where he will prefer to go. But obviously if he is to leave the team in the summer, he will certainly go to a franchise that has more chance of winning the championship, since he has not win any yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment