Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Play-maker Ozil Joins Arsenal

The German international and Real Madrid play-maker, Mesut Ozil (24), joined the North London club Arsenal, on the last day of the open transfer window, because of the faith Arsene Wenger, repose in him. He promised, to repay the manager and club, by being the best he could be.

The player who cost Arsenal €50m, is a record signing for the club and also, according to the data of the transfermarket site, he has the second highest sign on fee, of a player in the EPL. He is only second to Fernando Torres, who joined Chelsea from Liverpool, at the record price of €58.5m.

Mesut Ozil, fell out of first eleven selection, with the arrival of the world record signing of Gareth Bale from Tottenham, at the cost of €100m.

The new Real Madrid coach, Carlo Ancelotti, did not have much faith in Ozil, while Arsene Wenger, has much faith in the young tantalising midfielder. Wenger has been tracking Ozil, since his playing days at Werder Bremen, and even at the time wanted to sign him, before Real beat him to it.


Both Ozil and Wenger were both thrilled with the signing. Mesut said to the
Arsenal website, "I am thrilled, to be joining a club of the stature of Arsenal and am looking forward to playing in the Premier League."

"It will be great for my own personal development as aplayer and I am particularly looking forward to working with Arsene Wenger.

"From our negotiations, it is clear the club has a huge ambition and I look to being part of an exciting future."

The highly skilled midfielder, also spoke to the website of the German Football Association (DFB), "At the weekend, I was certain I would stay at Real Madrid, but afterwards I realised I did not have the faith, from the coach or bosses. I am a player who needs this faith and that is what I have felt from Arsenal, which is why I have joined."

"I am really looking forward to it, because I have the faith of the coach. I had spoken to him at length on the telephone, he explained his plans and that he has faith in me - that is what I need as a player.

Podolski and Ozil

"Wenger gives me the faith and I can develop further. I know what I can do and I know I could make the grade with any club, because I'm so convinced in myself, but if I don't feel people have faith in me, then that is why I had to leave and at Arsenal, I feel I have this fully," Ozil added.

The Arsenal manger, Arsene Wenger, said of his new play-maker, ''He is a great player, with proven quality at both club and international level. We have watched and admired him for some time, as he has all the attributes I look for, in an Arsenal player.``

Read africanfootie.blogspot.com

Mesut Ozil´s new teammate, speedy and very talented Theo  Walcott, reacting to the player´s signing, said, ´´It´s very exciting. I played against him for England under 21, he showed his qualities then and he has showed them since. He is a great addition and personally I´m looking forward to playing alongside him.´´

The young playmaker, Ozil joined Real Madrid three years ago, from the German club, Werder Bremen, at the price of $20m. He played for a total of 155 times for Real Madrid. While there is no doubt in my mind, that he is a great signing for Arsenal, one must admit that a three cannot make a forest.

Arsenal needed at least three world class players, and not one. A goal scoring merchant like Suarez which Liverpool was reluctant to sale but the manager said that he is worth to them not less than $75m. Arsenal priced him at $62m which Liverpool rejected, maybe they could have changed their mind had it been that Arsenal went back at the weekend and increased their offer to $65m or $70m.

 It will then force Suarez to hand in a transfer request and Arsenal would have some days of haggling, but in the end they would have gotten a world class striker that gurantees many goals, and the player would also be happy, to get his wish of playing in the champions league.

The club also needs a world class centre back that will be controlling the defence. A player with proven record, who would be like the rock of Gibraltar at the back. Anyway, the transfer window is closed now, so everyone is waiting to see what the club will be able to do both in the EPL and in the champions league with the addition of Mesut Ozil.

The club signed four players to their ache rival Tottenham´s seven. In addition to Ozil, Arsenal signed their former player, Mathieu Flamini, who left for AC Milan, and the 20 year old, Yaha Sanogo. The club brought in Emiliano Viviano, the goalkeeper of Serie A club Palermo.

No comments:

Post a Comment