Monday, September 16, 2013

Ronaldo Signs A New Contract

Cristiano Ronaldo (28), the superstar player of Real Madrid and Portuguese international has just signed a new five year contract with his club, to extend his stay there until 2018.

The skillful footballer joined Real in 2009 from Manchester United in a world record transfer fee of €95m. Though his new team-mate Gareth Bale of formerly Tottenham, now holds the world record, as the most expensive footballer in the world after he joined the club over two weeks ago on a transfer fee of €100m.  Read: africanfootie.blogspot.com

Cristiano Ronaldo
According to report from Spain, Ronaldo will now be earning €17m per annum. After signing the contract, he spoke to the media, addressing the speculation during the transfer period, that he would be rejoining his old club - Man United.

''Manchester United is the past. Real Madrid is now my home. I hope that I'm here until I retire. This is a great club," he said.

''I respect all the clubs who ask about me. But they always know that my decision, that my only goal, is to be here and to play at this club until, maybe, the end of my career. I 'll be here five more years. I just want to win trophies for this club,'' Ronaldo said.

During the press conference, the president of the world famous club, Mr Florentino Perez, who obviously was very happy about the extension of his contract, said, ''We have made the dream of all Madridistas. Cristiano Ronaldo and Real Madrid will remain forever.''



No comments:

Post a Comment