Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Dimitrov Defeats Wimbledon Champion - Andy Murray

Andy Murray (27), the defending Wimbledon champion was defeated in three sets 6 - 1, 7 - 6 (7 - 4), 6 - 2 by the young Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov, today the 2nd of July.

The 23 year old Bulgarian was in a very fine form especially with his terrific serves and defences.

Dimitrov who happened to be a friend of Murray, played so well that the defending champion was forced to make so many errors.


Andy Murray
After the match was over the euphoric Dimitrov said, ''Today was one of those days, when I was pretty steady for the whole match and came out the winner.''

''It's tough when you know the person well outside the court and you have to face them. I have hopefully two more matches left, and I am just focusing on that, and trying not to get carried away,'' he said.

His friend Andy Murray, said that he played badly right from the start of the match, and gave his opponent the confidence to do very well.

''My start to the match was poor. I started the match badly and I think that gave him confidence. Read also: africanfootie.blogspot.com

''I should have done a better job at the beginning of the match, making tougher for him, and I didn't manage to do that.

''Also, when I got back into the second set, that was my opportunity there,'' he added.

Anyway, he did not take the opportunity and he lost. Many of his fans were very disappointed especially the British fans, which included Prince William and Princess Catherine, who were in the stadium and watched the match.

No comments:

Post a Comment