Friday, April 25, 2014

'' Proudest Moment Of My Life'' Says Giggs

The Manchester United player and now the intrim manager Ryan Giggs (40) of the club, said in his first press conference with the media at the club's training location, that being appointed to take control of the remining four Premier League games was ''the proudest moment'' of his life.

He was given the duties after the manager David Moyes, who had a six year contract was sacked on Tuesday, following a series of poor performances of the team, after just ten months on the job.

Giggs said to the club TV channel (MUTV), ''I have got to say, it is the proudest moment of my life.''

Ryan Giggs

''I am proud, I am happy and a little nervous.'' He said that he wants to put back smiles on the faces of their fans.

"I have supported Manchester United all my life, I have been a part of the club since I was 13. I am proud, I am happy, a little nervous and, just like playing, can't wait for the game on Saturday,'' he sasid.

''I want to see goals, tackles, players taking players on and getting the crowd up. I want the passion that should come with being a Manchester United Player,'' he added.

To achieve these objectives, he invited three of his former team-mates to come and assist him in the task - namely Paul Scholes, Phil Neville and Nicky Butt. Phil Neville was already there as an assistant also to Moyes.

Giggs is hoping that since the club cannot qualify for the Champions League, at least they will strive to qualify for the Europa League.

His first test in charge will be on Saturday at home against Norwich City. That is when the challenge will begin for him. Time will tell if the management made a mistake or not.

The match is not going to be easy because Norwich is fighting against relegation. It is going to be interesting because both teams need to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment