Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Rosicky And Mertesacker Signs Arsenal Deals

Arsenal: The central defender of the club Per Mertesacker (29), and the club midfielder Tomas Rosicky (33), have just signed new contracts with the London club. The duration of the contract was not mentioned in the club's website. The manager said in the site after the signing.

''They are players of exceptional quality and experience. They have consistently proven themselves at the highest level,'' Arsene Wenger, said.

''There is a great feeling of togetherness and belief in the group and this news will only help to strengthen this further,'' he added.


Per Mertesacker and Tomas Rosicky during training

The two players have been major performers in the resurgence of the team this season, so it is understandable that Wenger was happy with them.

After signing the new contract Per Mertesacker, said, ''I'm really looking forward to having more years coming up with this fantastic club,'' the German international said. Read also: africanfootie.blogspot.com

''It took me a while to realise I can be a main part of this squad. Now I want to show that. We need to get everyone ready at this club and get the best out of everyone,'' he added.

On his on part the Czech Republic international, Tomas Rosicky, said that the reason why he signed a new contract with the club was because he wants to win the league title with the club.

''I want to win the league with Arsenal. It's my big goal and I will do everything I can to achieve it,'' he said..

No comments:

Post a Comment