Thursday, December 19, 2013

Boris Becker Is Djokovic's New Coach

Novak Djokovic (26), the world number two tennis player, has appointed Boris Becker, the former top tennis player as his head coach.

The 46 year old German, who won six Grand Slams and a total of 64 ATP titles as a player will start with immediate effect.

There is no time to waste. The first Grand Slam of the year, the Australia Open is beginning on the 13th of January and Djokovic is the defending champion of the trournament.

Novak like Becker has won six Grand Slams and is hoping to add more titles to that figure.


Novak Djokovic

" I am proud Novak invited me to become his head coach. I am sure we can achieve great things together,'' Becker said.

Novak Djokovic thinks that Boris Becker and Marian Vajda will make a good winning combination for him.

''Boris is a true legend, someone who has great tennis knowledge and his experience will help me win new trophies, Grand Slams and other tournaments,'' he said.

Vajda said that he don't think that Becker's appointment as the head coach will affect his position and he will continue to do his best to help the player. He believes that he will get along very well with Becker to help Novak in his progression.

Read also: africanfootie.blogspot.com

''Becker's assignment will not affect much my position in the team. I will do all I can for Novak, just like I did before,'' he said.

''On the othe rhand, choosing Boris as the head coach is a good solution. I am sure we will get along very well and that Novak will continue to progress,'' he added.

Djokovic himself said that his goal for 2014 was to be in good shape and play his best tennis and ready for the Grand Slams and the Masters. He wants to be in a position to prove his worth as these afor-mentioned tournaments have the biggest weight in tennis.

''My goal for 2014 is to play my best tennis and to get in shape for the Grand Slams and Masters 1000. These tournaments have the most weight in our sport and I want to prove my worth at them,'' Djokovic said.

No comments:

Post a Comment